Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Last Post of a Heartwarming Night.

So, being my usual self today, I took the subway home. There was a boy who couldn't have been more than 15 playing such beautiful classical music on the keyboard, which sounded like a piano. At first I thought it was nice, and I would tip him, but I knew my train was coming, so I went down the stairs instead of staying up where he was. When I got to the Q/R terminal, it was empty, which means I had just missed the train. I listened to the boys' music and a minute later, he played me a song I haven't heard in a long while. It took me back to my childhood; when I was young I had this beautiful old porcelain doll who would play that tune whenever it was wound up. It has always reminded me of the Titanic, because the doll was what I imagined the style to be like then, and the song was so magical that it must have been played on the beautifully tragic ship. That song filled my ears and brought me to tears. I walked upstairs, took out money, and put it in his open case. As I bent down to put the money in, he looked up at me. I gave him my best smile, put my thump up to him, and left. He was smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment